Friday 19 December 2008

WWW - INTERNET ETHOS

-
News views, faces, places, - serious, amusing, sometime contentious.
Incl. interactive facility for the readers to participate with opinions and suggestions

The Old School Building - B J Main Street
-

Why do I attempt, at this point in the development of the BURTON JOYCE ONLINE/BLOG chronicles, to explain the ETHOS of online “blogging” which is
-
The "FREE" transfer of knowledge and information .
-
A couple of months ago I chronicled certain activities which were taking place in the village on August Bank Holiday. As a direct a result, and after a long delay I received a one line e mail - from a fellow villager - the content chastised me over "their interpretation" of one of my Blog comments. I should add that the subject of the particular comment was not just the opinion of myself, but also that of a couple more villagers also - Yes! - it did involve a remark on finance .
-
I do admit that I frequently solicit other villagers’ opinions, views and comments on issues and events which occur in B J. However, in this instance it was not necessary, for these comments were freely offered and given to me, by a couple of villagers, out near the Co-op Car Park.
-
As a result of further and later apprehensions shown by others in our village I find the need and urgency to expand and explain once again
The “WWW - INTERNET ETHOS” . so here I go once again .. ;-)
-
Information, opinions and interests in local affairs - current, historical, genealogy and places of significance etc., can and should be freely offered, given, exchanged, investigated, queried, and used for free distributing and the development of knowledge -
-
After all, this has been happening for centuries - worldwide. - and importantly, where would the development of the human race/culture be otherwise. ? Mankind will always benefit greatfully when knowledge and information is freely distributed and given, ..
-
This is my opinion and that of the vast majority of everyday enthusiasts using the WWW -INTERNET
-
Let me give a further and local classic example of this unselfish "WWW - INTERNET ETHOS" .
-
The “Burton Joyce Virtual Reality/Interactive Tour” has been created, added online and administered by a fellow B J villager - his work at
-
-
is a comprehensive, non-commercial project which he independently created for the village.
-
This project is the result of his own initiative, created in his own time and at his own expense.
-
The "WWW- INTERNET ETHOS" at work! -
-
What an enlightened, generous and unselfish contribution for the community and local affairs. There are also many others thro-out the world, who also contribute, - everyday, to society and their own communities , with the very same ethos - Long may this attitude continued .. ..
-
I rest my case .. .. .. I have no regrets for going on .. and on .. and on .. and on -
All your relevant comments will be received, gratefully, and I promise to digested - I really do promise ..

To those who oppose this WWW-INTERNET ETHOS - Open up your mind .. look and learn .. you will most certainly begin to ENJOY ... .. .. if not immediately - eventually you will - I CAN PROMISE - just show a little patience with yourself - for the more proficient you become with this modern communication method and you will enjoy the experience .. .. .. .. ;-) .. so enjoy!
-
“Click” relevant link for access
-
****Click a title in the Archive list alongside
to Post “Your Comment” to this report****
-