Tuesday 25 November 2008

B J Graffiti

-
"News, Views, Faces and Places - serious, amusing, contentious”

I have reported previously on the above example of graffiti in Burton Joyce. However, my report dated Monday 24th persuades me to record once again.
-
Now whilst I cannot approve of this irresponsible “Street Art" , I can, and often appreciate the skill and content of many “un-authorised artistic displays”

The image above is an example of artwork which in my mind enhances and is not "out of place" in its present location, nor does it offend me personally. I would hope that permission was sought and given prior to starting this work. (probably NOT! - if so this is yet another un-authorised graffiti)

As a community, we do not provide an area locally, where "Street Artists" can develop their skills and artistic interpretations in a responsible manner.. .. Should we as a community try to provide an acceptable, none offending location for this particular activity ? .. .. Yes ! Most certainly, and I will personally champion the cause, providing the “B J Street Artists and Graffiti activists”, act collectively, with due consideration, for the village in which they live
-----
Useful village Contacts
-
****To post your views and comments click on "Comments" below****
-